We at Abercorn Vets thank you for your understanding as we navigate through the difficult circumstances caused by Covid-19 and rest assured we will continue to provide the best care possible for your pets.
We have had to make the difficult decision to temporarily close both Raeburn Place and Gilmerton Practices. Please call our main practice at Portobello on 0131 669 3790 for any assistance.
We will continue to see emergency appointments Monday – Friday 9am until 6pm and offer phone consultations on Saturdays 9am until 12pm.
We are doing all we can to protect both staff and clients and have taken the following steps:
- To keep our staff and clients safe we are not seeing routine appointments at this time. Only emergency appointments are being seen in the practice and non-emergent appointments are being carried out by phone conversation. Phone consultations are being charged as deemed appropriate by the vet.
- When you call the practice, please make us aware if you are having symptoms of the coronavirus such as cough, fever or shortness of breath OR if you have come into contact with someone with these symptoms OR if you fall into the ‘at risk’ category.
- If you are invited to come in for appointment, please DO NOT enter the practice for your own safety and for the safety of the staff. Wait either in your car or outside the building. Phone reception when you arrive and a nurse will be with you shortly to receive your pet. A vet and nurse will examine your pet and discuss their treatment with you either in person (please bear in mind we will maintain social distancing of 2 meters) or by phone.
- If you need to collect flea and worming treatments, food or repeat medications, please call us first between 2:30 and 4:30 pm. We can post these to you (for a £5 charge to cover postage) or arrange a safe collection. Please note that due to difficulties with deliveries etc we may require at least 4 days notice to order specific medications. We will advise of the current situation when you call to order.
- If your pet is due vaccinations, these may be temporarily postponed at this time and can be arranged with us as soon as our regulator (RCVS) allows us to do this. Please give us a call if you would like us to send you a free reminder for this.
- If you have a puppy or kitten, or have a specific vaccination query, please call us for advice.
- If you are a member of The Healthy Pet Club, you will still be able to access your vaccinations as soon as the social distancing measures are lifted, and you can still receive your flea and worming treatments either by post or safe collection arranged with the practice.
- If you have signed up to receive reminders from us, we will write to you to advise you when the social distancing restrictions have been lifted. You can ask us to sign you up to receive free reminders from us if you haven’t already!
- Payments can be made by BACs transfer (see details at bottom of invoice/statement) or over the phone.
We appreciate how difficult and frustrating this situation is and will do all we can to help.
STAY SAFE, STAY HEALTHY, STAY INDOORS